"There was an Old Man of Ancona,
Who found a small Dog with no Owner,
Which he took up and down
All the streets of the town;
That anxious Old Man of Ancona."
"The river's tent is broken: the last fingers of leaf
Clutch and sink into the wet bank. The wind
Crosses the brown land, unheard. The nymphs are departed.
Sweet Thames, run softly, till I end my song."
- Bow wow bow wow bow wow, bow wow bow wow bow wow bow wow bow wow.
"The river bears no empty bottles, sandwich papers,
Silk handkerchiefs, cardboard boxes, cigarette ends
Or other testimony of summer nights. The nymphs are departed.
And their friends, the loitering heirs of city directors;
Departed, have left no addresses.
By the waters of Leman I sat down and wept…"
- Bow wow bow wow bow wow, bow wow bow wow. Bow wow.
- Helen, what's that terrible barking? Who is barking?
- It’s Eros, my darling, our neighbour’s new pet, just the flat above us.
- Oh no! No no no… Bloody Hell!
- Bow wow. Bow wow. Bow wow. Bow wow.
I was eating a salami roll on a bench in a little park near my office. It was sunny and sparrows twittered all around. A young woman was strolling with a large dog. I opened a book and started reading.
"Some say that love's a little boy,
And some say it's a bird,
Some say it makes the world go round,
And some say that's absurd,
And when I asked the man next-door,
Who looked as if he knew,
His wife got very cross indeed,
And said it wouldn't do.
Does it look like a pair of pyjamas
Or the ham in a temperance hotel?
Does its odour remind one of llamas,
Or has it a comforting smell?
Is it prickly to touch as a hedge is,
Or soft as eiderdown fluff?
Is it sharp or quite smooth at the edges?
O tell me the truth about love?"
I looked up from the book and I saw the young woman and her frightening dog standing under a tree about ten yards from me. The dog was sniffing the earth, then it stopped, squatted down and started defecating. The girl stood stock-still and looked at it. When the dog ended defecating, they moved slowly away.
"Miss, miss" I called "Miss, the shit!"
"Are you a policewoman or what?" said she.
Then she made a vulgar gesture with the middle finger of her right hand and went away.
- Come on, my lovely dog, jump on the bed. Come on, sweetie, jump and kiss me good night!
- Bow wow, wow, wow.
- You like licking my cheeks, don't you? You, little naughty boy.
- Bow wow.
- Wow, your eyes are so beautiful! I'm mad about you!
- Wanna sleep with me? Sure you wanna...
- Sì, tesoro.